Writing is my passion. Getting words across a page is something I want to do for a living. Currently, I am a sophomore English/ Journalism major at the University of New Hampshire. Also, I hold a position as a Staff Writer in the Sports section of the universities student run newspaper "TNH". Besides writing, I find myself always listening to music. I love all genres. Enjoy my blog!
Thursday, September 19, 2013
Journalism and my dream.
According to Wikipedia, "Journalism is the activity, or product, of journalists or others engaged in the preparation of written, visual, or audio material intended for dissemination through public media with reference to factual, ongoing events of public concern." Good to know. But, it is not the definition that drives me or inspires me to be a Journalist some day. It's the passion of writing, collecting stories from the wide-range of people around us, and letting the public know of things that are important to the world. Ever since a little kid I was always admiring people, and the stories they all share. We are all different from one another, but yet we can still relate. We are human. Connecting with one another is a powerful thing, and this connection is something I want to pursue on page. There are so many interesting stories out there, and it is up to the Journalists to go out and find that story. It is a challenge, and I love challenges and setting forth a goal to accomplish. My dream isn't just to get labeled as a Journalist. My dream is to become a person people will remember positively. I want to write a book and for it to get published. I want to work for a well-known newspaper. I want to get into sports talk. I want to be all these things, but I know it is up to me to go out and pursue that. Maybe someday my story will be in print for others to see just like all the greats that came before me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment