Writing is my passion. Getting words across a page is something I want to do for a living. Currently, I am a sophomore English/ Journalism major at the University of New Hampshire. Also, I hold a position as a Staff Writer in the Sports section of the universities student run newspaper "TNH". Besides writing, I find myself always listening to music. I love all genres. Enjoy my blog!
Sunday, September 22, 2013
The most interesting things I find in newspapers
I have been reading The Boston Globe for awhile now since the subscription and one thing I really think is interesting, and attracts readers to simply "read" is the insight opinions by some of the writers who write about sports, entertainment, opinion pieces. Entertainment is so huge in our culture, and what is really interesting about these articles is how they all rate things. For an example, the Emmy's are coming up and I had just recently read a piece on the predictions for the winners during the awards. People love hearing people's opinions, especially to those of media power like writers for well-known newspapers, talk shows, radio, etc. The entertainment section must be one of the most popular sections of the paper, mainly because television plays a big factor in our lives and we all have our own vices of television shows we obsess over. So, it just makes it really interesting for me as a reader to see how the Globe makes this section interesting. Little things like "predictions", "reviews", "insight", and all those other judgments make the reader more involved in the piece. I know TNH has been using little things like random question surveys answered by the writers that attract the popular crowd to relate to, which is fun to read. I feel like these little things newspapers do make the read that much interesting, and I will continue to find myself reading them everyday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment