Thursday, October 24, 2013

Max Brooks and other random stuff going on this week.

Well, I have a story for next week which is a plus from last week's struggle to get all my sources in. I am doing an article on NY Times Best-Selling author Max Brooks (World War Z), and it is also a speech article. The lecture took place this past Monday in the Granite State Room, and it was fantastic. He was not only an entertainer, he was funny, engaging and he was honest.

 He didn't B.S any questions that went his way such as a question asked by a UNH student in the crowd: so what inspired you to write about zombies? Brooks answered, "No one has ever wrote a novel about them before, so I wrote it." It was the short and sweet responses, that made Brooks believable. With constantly pointing out to the people in the crowd, he made the people who were there for him be equal. With that said, on to other exciting things.

 The Red Sox are playing amazing, including their recent 8-1 beat down against the NLCS champions St. Louis Cardinals last night in game one of The World Series. Game two is tonight and it would be superb if the beloved BoSox get the victory, along with the commanding 2-0 lead in the biggest stage of baseball. Also, tonight I will be attending the Kendrick Lamar concert and I am beyond pumped. A little over a month ago, I had to wait 8 hours in line to get student-floor tickets to go to this concert, which will be held at the Whittemore Center.

For those who don't know Kendrick Lamar, he is the hottest rapper right now, and deserves the title of the Best Rapper out right now. He is a great lyricist, story-teller, and an amazing free-styler. I am hoping those hours waiting in line for tickets will pay off after tonight's concert. I am also hoping no one gets hurt at this concert, especially after the recent events with Wildcat fellow students dying at concert scenes. The rest of the week will be watching the Red Sox, Bruins and Patriots. I can't help that I am a beloved Boston sports fan.

 I will also be working on homework, including the article. So with this all said and done, I will be getting ready for the concert. Oh, and I just read an interesting article on The Boston Globe about how today marks the official date to where The Boston Globe is bought by Red Sox owner John Henry.

No comments:

Post a Comment