I just came back from a staff writers meeting tonight, and I felt like writing about TNH. This is now my second year working for the student-run newspaper and it has just been a great experience. I first started out as a contributor last September, until I got hired in October for the staff writing position. I have been in sports the whole time, and I love it.
Sports and writing is a passion of mine, so it is obviously the perfect match! However, I would like to experiment with other articles other than sports to write about. That's a goal of mine. Another goal of mine is being given the title of sports editor, and I think I have a great shot for next year.
Things have been going well, and my articles are really improving. Including my last article, where my editors praised about how well it was written. It has given me huge confidence in the next articles I will be writing. I really think News Writing 621 has helped with my article's being better. My next sport I will be covering for TNH is men's basketball, and I am excited for that starting in November. I have never written about basketball, so I think it will be a great experience to get my hands in another sport.
Overall, TNH has given me a great opportunity to tune in my writing skills, and also shape me into a better news writer. Another goal of mine is to participate in production nights this semester, which is helping the paper be put out for the following morning. I think it will also be a great opportunity for me to learn the tools and trade of how a newsroom works as far as playing with the technology, setting up articles in the paper, formatting, and all that good stuff that makes a newspaper. It is going to be exciting, and I can't wait to start doing more. The more I do, the better I will get.
No comments:
Post a Comment